The UralCon conference was held in Chelyabinsk on October 16-19th at the premises of South Ural State University (national research university). The conference was held as the II International Ural Conference on Measurements and devoted to the discussion of the modern achievements in development, manufacture and application of measuring instruments.
UralCon 2017 included a rich technical program consisting of 6 sections:
1. Metrological ensuring of measuring instruments and measuring systems;
2. Methods and algorithms for digital processing of measurement information;
3. New methods and tools of measurement;
4. Technical diagnostics and metrological self-control of measuring instruments and actuators;
5. Dynamic measurements;
6. New measurement technology in the industry.
The following speakers presented plenary papers on the conference:
– prof. Roald E. Taimanov, head of basic research laboratory of metrological assurance for computer-based sensors and information-measuring systems at D.I. Mendeleyev Institute for Metrology, Saint-Petersburg, Russia;
– prof. Khristo Kiril Radev, Chairman of the Union of metrologists in Bulgaria, Sofia, Bulgaria;
– prof. Aleksandr L. Shestakov, Rector of the South Ural State University (National Research University), Chelyabinsk, Russia;
– prof. Manus Patrick Henry, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom.
Additionally two round tables were organized:
– Measurements in social and human sphere, moderator prof. Taimanov R.E.;
– Measurements in social and human sphere, moderator prof. Shestakov A.L.
All papers had been published in the conference proceedings and made available on the digital library “IEEE Xplore” (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers publisher). All articles are indexed by Scopus and WoS databases.